Tuesday 9 July 2013

D.I.Y Hydration Mask Brought To You By Skana Spa ( Guest post )

Michelle Pino from Skana Spa reached out to me a couple of weeks ago to do a blog post for one of their facial products. Their focus for the summer is to keep the face out of harms way and fully hydrated. And don't worry, my dear readers, it's a D.I.Y product. You can do this all at home and super fast ! And just in time for summer. As we all know, one of the main concerns about summer and the heat, for anyone who is into health/beauty is the suns effect on your face. It can be very damaging. Especially with our earth's O-zone layer has been decreasing. UV rays are very harmful and any girl OR boy, should always be protected. Skin cancer is also a leading cause of death in this generation, so ALWAYS, ALWAYS apply some kind of SPF sunscreen ! I know for myself personally, I get sun patches on my face when I'm in the sun un-protected for too long. I always try to wear a hat and a face sunscreen when I'm relaxing in the sun now. As well as, try this very simple hydration mask.



What You Need: Simply mix in a bowl the following:
  • one cup plain greek yogurt
  • half cup oatmeal
  • 1 tablespoon of honey 

Apply to the skin for about ten to fifteen minutes before rinsing off the mask with a warm washcloth. 
**(This all-natural recipe from the experts at Skana Spa of New York resort, Turning Stone, contains no harsh chemicals that might damage your skin. The yogurt acts as a hydrating moisturizer, the oatmeal is an exfoliator that sloughs off dead skin cells that make the skin appear dull, and the honey acts as a natural antiseptic that kills germs and wards off acne and pimples. You can do this mask once a week to help retain a youthful glow during the summer months.)**


Now, I personally, do not use face masks. That being said, I love the idea of face masks and facials, and everything that they do but, they have never really worked for myself. So I wrote this blog post for the many best girlfriends I have who use and LOVE face masks. Especially those that are D.I.Y such as the one above. Facials and face masks all work differently on everyone. It all depends on your own skin.



Anything marked with a (**) was NOT written by myself. Michelle and I had both written parts of this post.
Let me know how the Mask works out for you guys,
Déjia
oxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment