Saturday 6 April 2013

Break fast for Breakfast ! Hungry Girl #1

Hey everyone, this is the first post of my new series that I've decided to start. "Hungry Girl", inspired by the Hungry Girl Franchise created by Lisa Lillien and, the sole fact that I am, in fact, a HUNGRY girl ! I have a fast metabolism and a big appetite. With my lack of spare time with softball, school and work, I'm always looking for fast-quick meals that taste good. Which is what the series will be about, quick recipes that I have tried and want to share. I tried this one straight out of Hungry Girl 1-2-3 The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet. But of course, I put my own twist on it !

Bacon-Apple-Cheese Frittata - Which is basically a Spanish omelette 
Ingredients:
1 Egg
1/4 of an apple
A stalk of green onion 
3/4 cup of cheese ( Or however cheesy you like it)
A handful of cilantro 
5 strips of bacon ( Or however much you would like)
Prepared Time: 10-15 Minutes,    Cooking Time: 5 Minutes


You would like to cut up all ingredients finely. For the simple fact that, it will all be sprinkled on top of the egg. But of course, you can chop the things up to the size you feel most comfortable with. 
Heat up your non-stick skillet to about High-Medium 7 and cook the chosen amount of bacon strips. Once cooked, cut them up into tiny strips.


Whip the egg. Change the heat on the skillet to medium 5 or 6. Spread the egg evenly and as thing as you can over your skillet. You want the whole pan covered in the egg. Then, spread your chopped up ingredients evenly over the spread egg.
Flip over once, Just to toast and crisp up the cheese and make sure it's all cooked.

Serve it with whatever you like ! A little hot sauce on the side gives it just the kick you need ;-) I didn't want to waste the rest of the apple so I cut it up, along with some strawberries. Top it off with a bottle of water to cleanse my system.


Enjoy :-)
Déjia oxo







No comments:

Post a Comment