Wednesday 30 January 2013

Bed-rest music


I've gotten that nasty Stomach flu virus that's has been going around. It's just awful, let me tell you that ! I was probably unfunctional for about two days. I'm FINALLY feeling normal again ! Alot of all i've been doing is laying in bed recooperating, listening to music and here are just some bands I've been listening to on repeat. My musical taste ranges from everything but I'm definitely an alternate/Indie music loving girl.





The XX's - Coexist
This album is brilliant and is apart of my fall playlist of new albums. I can't describe The XX's sound. It's always changing which is what I love ! It's kind of haunting yet smoothing music. I wouldn't personally call them indie-pop or even indie-techno but, they do have killer beats and musical chords. So it's hard to say but, I say their mix of it. Romy, Oliver and Jamie vocals mixed together in a rough way that is perfect. With the raspy, deep man vocals mixed with a soft, tender sound.. music to my eyes. When I want to just zone out and chill, I put The XX on. Their also playing at Coachella this year, definitely check them out !


Tegan and Sara

They're twin sisters and they're from my hometown of Vancouver, B.C. I completely love their voices and their style. Shout out to my Aunt Dione who introduced me to this duo when I was about 13. I would put down a specific album but I've been listening to their collection. The way they harmonize and vocals mash together is amazing. You can hear the talent in their vocal. It's just raw. Their new album "Heartthrob" featuring one of my new favourite work out songs " Closer" just came out today - Janruary, 29th 2013. I definitely say give that album a check out, as well as their old stuff too! Nothing but love for these girls.










Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism

First off, one of my favourite songs of ALL TIME. It's been played over 1200 times on my itunes. I can't even put into words my love for this song. It's beautiful. The simplicity of it and the music .. just amaze balls. Also on that note, Death Cab For Cutie is also one of my top ten favourite bands. So check out all of their albums because their all fantastic pieces of work. On this album specifically all the songs have a gentle transition and connection to each other so, it's great to just put on and play all the way through. I love bens vocal on the songs and if you take the time to listen to the lyrics, they all mean something. A relaxing album I'd suggest listening to when sleepy or taking a bath with some candles.


like any of these titles ?
- DĂ©jia oxo.

 














No comments:

Post a Comment